Hey, y'all, if there's a link on this page, assume it's an affiliate link and we may earn money or products from the companies mentioned. See our affiliate disclosure. Thanks!
For all exercise posts, these are for educational purposes, please read our site disclaimer before performing any exercises.
Low-Carb Crustless Quiche
This recipe for low-carb crustless quiche is one I make about every other week. It’s quick and easy, and I can cut it in pieces and easily grab a bite from the fridge. I eat it cold and hot, and you can too. Low-carb crustless quiche is also a great quick snack.
The prep time on this recipe includes the time it takes to cook the crispy bacon. You can use already crumbled bacon to cut down on the prep time. This is a great recipe to make at the beginning of the week and keep in the fridge to enjoy for breakfasts or a snack.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
1 tbs. butter
1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
1/2 cup sliced fresh button mushrooms
1 egg yolks
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 T sour cream
1/4 lb. bacon, cooked crisp, drained & crumbled
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. coarse salt
freshly ground pepper to taste
pinch of cayenne pepper
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then line the pan with bacon.
- Put pan into cold, unheated oven, middle rack.
- Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes. Ovens may vary.
While bacon is cooking…
- Lightly coat a quiche pan or a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with a nonstick vegetable spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Set aside.
- Combine the egg, egg yolks, heavy cream and sour cream in a medium bowl.
- Whisk until well blended.
- When bacon is cooked, remove pan from oven and move bacon to a plate to drain and cool.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F.
- Break bacon into crumbles.
- Add the cooked onion mixture and the rest of the ingredients and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until set in the center and golden brown on top.
- Cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information for low-carb crustless quiche:
Calories: 235; Total Fat; 19.9g; Total Carbs: 2.2g; Fiber: 0.2g; Net Carbs: 2g; Protein: 11.6g
Fat 76% Protein 20% Carb 4%