Hey, y'all, if there's a link on this page, assume it's an affiliate link and we may earn money or products from the companies mentioned. See our affiliate disclosure. Thanks!
For all exercise posts, these are for educational purposes, please read our site disclaimer before performing any exercises.
Even in crazy times, fruits and vegetables seem to be in abundant supply. People are clearing the shelves of staple, and unhealthy items, but overlooking the need for antioxidants to keep us healthy. This recipe not only has greens, it has citrus fruit too. Both offer an abundance of vitamins, and won’t go directly to your hips, even if there is a cream sauce. Fresh or roasted asparagus is an all time favorite in spring and summer.
You and your family with love this classic and easy to prepare roasted garlic recipe. The entire recipe, prep and cook, is only about 25 minutes. How easy and cool is that? Roasted asparagus is a staple in our house, because we love asparagus and it’s simple and quick. This asparagus can even be cooked outside on the grill, you just need to place the asparagus on a sheet of aluminum foil instead of a baking sheet. In fact, if you want to simplify clean up, you can line your baking sheet for cooking in the oven. Who needs the extra work of washing dishes when you have so much else to do?
You can serve hot, or let it cool down for finger food. I prefer to grab a spear with my fingers, dip in the orange sauce and munch. How about you? With spring and summer on the way, looking for ways to get outside is key, and grilling this recipe, then dining outside with our delicious Garlic Chicken recipe, you’ll be set!
I hope you enjoy this unique way to eat roasted asparagus as much as my family does. Let us know what you think.
Roasted Asparagus with Orange Cream Sauce
- 1.5 pounds pencil asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1.5 tbsp flour
- 1 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 medium orange peeled, sectioned, and cut into large pieces
- 1/4 cup cashews chopped
- orange zest for garnish
- For the asparagus: Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the asparagus with the olive oil in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the asparagus to the hot baking sheet and cook until tender, about 10 minutes
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually whisk in cream and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, or until lightly thickened. Season to taste with salt and white pepper. Remove from heat, and stir in orange pieces.
- Arrange asparagus on a serving platter, and season lightly with salt. Pour cream sauce over asparagus, and sprinkle with chopped cashews and orange zest. Serve immediately.